Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Did Diablo III live up to your expectations?



Because honestly for me it did not even come close. Do not get me wrong, I am still playing and smashing my face against inferno *but* it just feels like something is missing. 

The game is lacking something it's predecessors had, it just does not FEEL like Diablo. It feels like World of Warcraft and that makes me a sad panda. From the direction of the art, the level 60 cap, the tiered gear types, the need for full DR building to survive, and much more Diablo III feels to me like a watered down WoW action RPG. 

Just stop and take a look at how people are winning in Diablo III. Kite, shoot, kite and repeat until winning. I recently saw a video of a barbarian who's entire strategy revolved around weapon throw and fury generating  shouts and attacks. Probably because he got instagibbed for not having the right gear (sound familiar?). 

Diablo III Barbarian.

The auction house literally removes what made Diablo, well...Diablo. In Diablo 1 and 2 it was all about finding and trading for gear. SO far in Diablo III it has been about finding an effective farming route and grinding my face on it to get gold to buy chromatic items on the auction house to survive act 1 inferno (until Blizzard hotfixes whatever method you were using).

Now before you Blizzard fanboys jump on me I want you to understand that I know I can "just not use the auction house". But that does not change the fact that it is there and breaking the game. The real money auction house (RMAH) is not out yet, I personally feel it can do no good for the players and worlds of good for Blizzard but it has yet to go live so we will not know until then. 

The short and now of it, my expectations were take all the good stuff from D2 and add it to the new game.But in reality they scrapped everything about D2 sans the Barbarian and made a dumbed down WoW arpg. 

-Halfaddict


No comments:

Post a Comment